Shishche or grilled meat pieces on spits is a delicious and very popular dish all over Bulgaria, usually prepared on barbeques. Shishche is certainly present on the menu of every picnic in the countryside, along with kebapches, meat balls and steaks.
1. Slice the meat in cubes.
2. Season with salt, pepper and other spices of your choice.
3. Chop the vegetables (onion, pepper, tomato, etc).
4. Start stringing the spits, by alternating meat and vegetables.
5. Bake the meat pieces on a barbeque.
6. Turn them over in regular intervals, until they bake evenly.