Submitted on Mon, 26-May-2014
Hutsepot is a dish of boiled and mashed potatoes, carrots and onions with a long history in the traditional Dutch cuisine.
- Sauté the coarsely chopped onions in butter or margarine and arrange the meat on top
- Ensure everything is submerged in water and add salt, pepper and the bouquet garni
- Allow to cook for 30 minutes
- Add all the rinsed and finely chopped vegetables
- Allow to simmer for another 1.5 hours
- Add the potato cubes
- Allow to simmer for another 45 minutes until everything is tender
- Remove the bouquet garni and serve on deep plates.