Tarator (Cucumber Soup) is one of the traditional Bulgarian dishes. It is prepared mainly in summer months given its cooling effect, but many people prepare it all year long. In the various parts of the country you can taste various recipes for ths delicious soup.
1. Wash the cucumber and the dill and peel the garlic.
2. Slice the cucumber into cubs according to your preferences. You can also grate it.
3. Chop the garlic into fine cubes. You can also grate it or press it.
4. Fine chop the dill.
5. Put the sliced cucumber in a vessel. Add the garlic and the dill.
6. Add salt.
7. Add the yogurt.
8. Stir well until all products mix.
9. Dilute the obtained mix with water until you receive a dense substance.
10. Add some olive oil or sunflower oil and stir.
11. Fine crush the walnuts.
12. Add the walnuts to the mixture and stir.